It's All Wicked Worn and Stuff
The new version of kevinpotts.com goes live with a new wicked worn / grunge look. And there was much rejoicing.
This has since been redesigned.
The new version of kevinpottsdesign.com is up. It’s still a work in progress, but the bulk of the work is complete.
Some notes about the design:
- Went for the whole wicked worn / grunge look for the heck of it, with the vague intent of adhering to a 1940’s airshow theme. It’s not particularly ground-breaking Photoshop work, but I’m digging it.
- Stuck with the optical-illusion triangle logo, which has received good response from most people and has been on my website since the beginning.
- My goal is to eventually have a style switcher in there, but my focus is on 400 freelance projects right now so time is at a premium.
- The site is driven 100% from Textpattern 4.0.1, from the homepage to the contact page. This makes content adjustments drop dead simple. (Really loving version 4, BTW … it just works.)
- Significantly reduced the portfolio section to focus on a few key web design projects, since that seems to be the bulk of my work these days. I’m really pushing the whole “TXP as a complete CMS” solution, which has so far worked out very well.
Any comments can be left here.